The “professional” me:
I’m Corinne Mieszczak, a marketing communications professional with over fifteen years’ experience in corporate marketing, freelance consulting, and copywriting. I have worked extensively in healthcare, finance, insurance, technology (B2B and B2C), and professional consulting. Please contact me to request a resume or visit my LinkedIn profile.
I truly love what I do and feel blessed to be able to pursue my career goals with SoaringWinds Marketing. Learn about working with me.
The “personal” me:
- My name is Corinne, but most people call me Corrie.
- I was born and raised in Oak Park, IL, and proud to be an Oak Park and River Forest High School Huskie.
- I currently live in Brookfield, IL with my husband, daughter, son, and cats.
- I earned a Bachelors of Business Administration with a concentration in marketing from Saint Mary’s College (Notre Dame, IN), where I also majored in theatre. Naturally, I’m a fan of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish!
- I received my MBA with a marketing concentration from Keller Graduate School of Management.
- I love to sing and have been meaning to join my church choir…
- Volunteer work has included tutor/mentoring, serving on the board of a local historical society, and fundraising and participating in support activities for the IL Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society–I proudly captained the MS Slugfest 2009 winning team Team Hanrahan! (I confess I didn’t play one inning, but I flexed my leadership muscles!)
- This may appear to be a professional point, but my personality (and perhaps a wee bit of flair for the dramatic), has led me to really love public speaking. I presented the breakout session “Engaging Consumers in the Online Sales Cycle” at the Chicago Association of Direct Marketing’s results2011 conference, and Social Media and Your Job Search at Saint Mary’s College in February 2013.
- I am fascinated by the paranormal: ghosts, ESP, time travel, you name it. My husband and I have plans to launch a Twilight Zone podcast…someday!
- I love classic rock music: Led Zeppelin, Bob Seger, Journey (I could go on and on)…I love hair metal ballads…I love every single song played at the Linebacker Lounge (in South Bend, IN) in the 1996-1997 school year…
- My favorite movies are Somewhere in Time, The Sound of Music, The Jerk, Dazed and Confused, Revenge of the Nerds, The Exorcist, the original Halloween, Miracle, Sixteen Candles, any “B” horror movie I can get my hands on…
- I love traveling and can’t wait to show my kids my favorite places when they’re older.
- My wedding featured 3 types of wedding cakes, a chocolate fountain, cookies, and a Coldstone Creamery ice cream bar. Currently, I am easing sugar out of my diet.