Today, I’m curating some curated content. It’s a great content marketing tactic, no? Repurposing others’ content in the spirit of sharing the wealth–well, it just makes sense. Anyway, Hubspot shared a Digital Marketing Philippines infographic in a recent blog post and I’m sharing it here.
But first, a little shout-out to the folks at Hubspot because they’re the people who got me really jazzed about content marketing in the first place, starting back in the early 2000s and then again in the early 20-teens. Hubspot’s Kyle James (now of SmartBug Media) and Nick Salvatoriello (now with IMPACT Branding & Design LLC), respectively, guided me toward an understanding of what would become my absolute favorite part of marketing. What started as “inbound marketing,” for me, at least, has become content marketing. Love it!
I wonder if they even remember little ‘ol me? 😉
Every Picture Tells a Story, Story
OK, back to the B2B content marketing trends infographic. It’s pretty epic. It’s a huuuuge infographic. Here are my takeaways:
- Companies who blog more get more web traffic. “Duh!” But that’s powerful, and a great reason to keep coming up with great content.
- Then again, they’re getting the message that you don’t publish content just for the sake of publishing content. Web traffic is nice, but you do it to engage your audience and boost sales.
- Companies continue to increase their content marketing spend–yay for me!
- Companies are most successful when they employ a documented content marketing strategy, as opposed to going willy-nilly (a post here, a case study there, no signs of measurement…).
- Companies are wise to try various tactics to promote/share their content with intention to focus on the most effective ones.
I’ve seen all of the above with MY clients, so I think we’re on to something. What do you think?
Embedded from Digital Marketing Philippines
Thanks for tuning in! Until next time…